Our group is scheduled to participate in house construction on
Thursday, November 29 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
1st Shift: 8AM – 11AM
2nd Shift: 11AM – 3PM
The house site address is 2400 3rd Avenue, Irondale, AL 35210
Each individual volunteer is required to register online prior to construction work day and will “check in” when they arrive onsite. The registration link is included in the registration information
Note, online registration automatically populates required Release Waiver so there’s no need to bring paper to the construction site.
· Water, portable toilets, construction materials, tools, hard hats, and work supervision are provided
· Lunch, snacks or transportation are not provided
· A hospitality tent will be open for meals/snacks/breaks, etc. (tables and chairs provided)
· Clothing must be appropriate for construction activities. Do not wear open-toe shoes or sandals, large earrings or over-sized clothing
· In the event there is inclement weather contact the construction site supervisor, Jack at (205) 965-5115
Your participation and contribution is gift enough. Gifts are not requested nor expected by partner families or Habitat. In the spirit of the season we understand some may want to add festive décor to the house – a doormat, door decoration or a mailbox decoration, or pantry items is sufficient. Should you choose to provide a decoration, please consider there are two families/houses. Presentations of gifts will not be made during the house dedication ceremony.
Please direct questions regarding volunteers and/or volunteer registration to Melanie